Michael A. Staton, CPA
Phone: 317-569-4182 ext: 222
Mike is a Certified Public Accountant and is Co-Founder and Managing Director of Alerding CPA Group. Mike is in charge of the overall firm and in developing its path and marketing efforts to secure its overall success. Mike has served closely-held businesses for over 30 years and was named the Accounting Advocate of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration in 2001.
Mike is a 1984 graduate of Marian University with a BS degree in Accounting and a minor in Mathematics. Mike’s client base includes not-for-profits, wholesale/distribution, construction, employee leasing, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, service organizations, franchises, civic organizations, schools, health and welfare organizations, law firms and national patriotic organizations. He performs numerous consulting services including NFP Audit Committee training, strategic planning, bankruptcy, turnarounds, exit-strategy planning and mergers & acquisitions. Mike specializes in helping companies establish and maintain their ESOPs. He also heads up the quality control groups for Construction, Pensions, and Governmental (A133 and HUD) Audits and is involved in the manufacturing area within the firm.
Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Certified Public Accountant - State of Indiana
Certified Public Accountant - State of Tennessee
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- U.S. Small Business Administration 2001 Accountant Advocate of the Year - Indiana
- Marian University "Volunteer of the Year"
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Indiana CPA Society
- Marian University - Board of Trustees and National Alumni Association
- Indiana Association of Corporate Renewal - Past President and current board member
- The ESOP Association
- National Center for Employee Ownership